Saturday 20 January 2007

When Saturday Comes...POSTERMANIA!!

www.goodaboom.com


Well, the days have flown by, and its time for me to take my wheels down to Almeria province once again for my show in Mojacar on tomorrow.
I've been rehearsing all week, trying to get a few different numbers in, as much for my benefit as the audiences! So there's a couple of originals by me, plus some classics by various artists such as Joe Walsh, Carol King and Jimi Hendrix. Now THATS variety!

Yes, a busy week it's been, as Miki and I have been working on our newly completed
Postermanium. It is filled with stuff from my own archives, and to this end, Miki instructed me to dig around at my place in Turre last week for suitable posters to include. A number of other things turned up during my search, (besides old socks)and I'll be sharing some of them with you over the weeks. Today, I want to include probably the earliest known photo of me performing. I began on drums, and to my left in the photo is a bespectacled Fos Foster. We are both around 9 years old I think, and we have continued to play together ever since, through many bands, including Christie and Tubeless Hearts.

Please have a look through The Postermanium , it has a wide variety of posters from concerts all around the world, and most are accompanied by anecdotes from the time.
More from me when I return on Monday, including a gig report!

No comments: