Saturday 13 January 2007

Instru-mentality

www.goodaboom.com


"There's a many a good tune played on an old fiddle." or, in my case, perhaps that should be - "There's many an OLD tune worth fiddling about with."
Let me explain....
Miki has been busy creating her new 3D Gallery on our site, giving you the chance to "wander" around our virtual art studio! She wondered if we could have some background music as you enjoy the paintings. "No problem," I confidently announced. Over the past few months many ideas have been recorded, half-finished ideas, things to work on later, or just a riff or two worth having around. I recalled a track I'd named "Tears and Death" with a view to putting lyrics to it at a later date.I thought it would be perfect for the 3D gallery, so I finished it as a full instrumental, featuring a lengthy bass solo. The title now? "First Bass" geddit? The current exhibition has a sports theme, so I thought.. its a first bass solo, and in some sports, you have to reach first base, right? Yeah, I know, I could've called it "On me 'ead, son!"

Anyway, whilst we're talking about the studio, we have activated my Song of the Month feature, which this month is a small sample of "Ring the Changes".You may remember me mentioning this some days ago in the diary,(See Problem with the Prolific) its one of those "done in a day" songs. Click on the song title to have a listen.Hope you like it !!

No comments: