Sunday 7 January 2007

Street Life

www.goodaboom.com



Well, "Once more into the breach, dear friends" as some nineteenth-century cannon fodder once remarked, (probably moments before eating a cannon ball)and Miki and I are "dans la rue" again.
It was with great interest that we exhibited Miki's latest Bull painting, (see Fighting the bulls) as we wanted to see the peoples reaction. Well, from the second the wild bulls were let loose on the street, they had a steady stream of admirers! For us, unbelieva-bull, that the public found them so immediately love-a-bull!!!!
It fascinates me, the way Miki's paintings captivate people. They stop, abruptly, and are then slowly drawn in, as if by some Star Trek inspired invisible tractor beam! One lady, Norwegian I think, stopped in front of it and exclaimed, "wow".
She then told us she had just finished her first ever painting, a watercolour, to which Miki replied, "and this is my last!" The woman's husband looked round in horror-"You mean you aren't going to paint any more?!!" He'd obviously never met Miki before, you'd have to put her in a straightjacket to stop her painting, and then she'd probably do it with her hair!

Anyway, enough about the artist, I need to defend the musical corner of Goodaboom!
We are launching soon a new feature where you can preview my latest works, it will be accessible from the Home page. The first snippet in a week or so will be one of the songs I have written with Jaki Graham in mind. Feel free to check back every few weeks or so when I will be showcasing a different original song from my archives.

No comments: