Tuesday 23 October 2007

The Prodigal Returns!

www.goodaboom.com

Back from Almeria province, and laden with paintings from our various exhibitions there, not to mention my son, Corey; Miki and I were re-united today. It's been a long few days, and its always nice to come home to the one you love.

I just wanted to put a quick entry in here, to announce my return, so there'll be some more coherent pieces in the next few days hopefully!

I heard some upsetting news while down there about the wife of a friend of mine, who is terminally ill. Hearing something like that, knowing the person, and having seen them not too long ago in robust health, it really makes you aware of our mortality.
The lesson it teaches us is a hard one, but it must be learnt nevertheless. Live for the moment, sieze it, and when you've enjoyed it, sieze another. Our life is precious and all too short, We should squeeze every damn good thing out of it before relinquishing our hold on it.

No comments: