Saturday 27 October 2007

Father to Son

www.goodaboom.com


It's Saturday morning, less than two days since I said goodbye to my son at Alicante airport as he headed home to England. He'd been to stay for a week, The first half spent down in Mojacar (where he lived for a while a few years ago) the second half up in Albir with Miki and I.

It was a joy to see him, but not only that, a joy to see him developing as a young man, his curiosity, his politeness, his humour.
As a musician, I am naturally over the moon at his burgeoning skills on the drums, and his interest, ambition and involvement with his band, Jilambis.

He is performing well at school, after difficult times re-adjusting returning from Spain, he is set to do well in all his exams.

But perhaps just as joyful to me is the fact that he is accepted and liked by Miki.
Children from past relationships can be a difficult bridge to cross, so it means a lot to me that Miki welcomes him.


Pride is meant to be one of the seven deadly sins...well, then I'm one hell of a sinner because I'm seriously proud of him!

Mojacar Village

No comments: