Wednesday 24 October 2007

Compliments are always Welcome!


www.goodaboom.com

While I was down in Almeria province, I used the time to "dismantle a number of our exhibitions in Mojacar, Las Bouganvillas, and Vera, three towns in the region.
We try to refresh the exhibitions on a regular basis, and also give them a small "rest" so that they never become "part of the furniture".

It was while I was removing the paintings at these various locations that I started to get people coming up to me.

"I just want to thank you for these paintings, I shall miss them." - that from a regular visitor to the restaurant, not the owner.

"Are these paintings by your partner? I could never afford any art, but please tell her they have given me great pleasure" - another visitor to one of the exhibitions.

And from Anita, owner of Allegria on Mojacar Playa, where we had a recent exhibition of Miki's flower paintings;

"You are a very nasty man! Look how bare my walls are!"

Of course, it was a little tongue in cheek, and perhaps not exactly a compliment, but well, an indirect one, I'd like to think!

I have to say, these words filled me with pride for Miki's work, it makes it all worthwhile. Mind you, if she reads this, we'll have to widen the doorway to the gallery to get her head in!

No comments: