Saturday 10 March 2007

A Brush with Poetry on the Road

www.goodaboom.com

Yesterday, I headed north up the coast to Denia, where we had been invited to present our "Brush with Poetry" show at The La Sella Golf Resort (see photo)
as part of the International Women in Business Day. I was accompanied by our gallery assistant Stephanie, as Miki was busy finishing a portrait for Dutch clients who have to leave for home some days earlier than originally planned, and we simply didn't have enough hours in the day!

We arrived to a bustling main conference room, with a myriad of stalls and displays, and a large stage in one corner. It's certainly a challenge narrating poetry and displaying the corresponding pictures to a room virtually on the move!
I wandered in wearing my trademark multicolour print silk shirt, skull head T shirt, bleached jeans and red timberlands. I stood out a bit. Most of the women, dressed in evening wear, looked at me like I had two heads! Nevertheless, my fashion statements notwithstanding, the paintings and their accompanying music and poetry were very well received.

Back on planet Goodaboom today, we were re-visited by our Norwegian friends, collecting the CD of Faerie Tale. Needless to say, they were unable to resist buying yet another of Miki's paintings, and, although their walls are full, they have now begun to plan where to hang it in their SUMMER house! They have a name for their summer residence; "Blahuset" which means "The Blue House" in Norwegian. I think this painting will fit very well!

No comments: