Friday 29 December 2006

Old friends

www.goodaboom.com


Had a nice chat this morning with my old mate Graham Oliver (see photo)
We regularly catch up with each other on the road, usually in Germany, but occassionally somewhere more far-flung like the States! Last time we were out there (also with his son,Paul, a great drummer) we took a road trip out to Daytona Beach and did a Death-by-Breakfast at Dennys! Graham is one of the true gentlemen of the business, and we are always trying to find ways of doing a project together. Hopefully this will come to fruition in 2007. We got to talking about Ken Hensley,(ex-Uriah Heep) as I've just discovered he lives quite near me here in Spain, and I was wanting to have a chat with him. Graham's met him a few times, and he asked me if I got the chance to ask him about a famous Hendrix Flying V (see photo at the end of this post)that has changed hands over the years..he seemed to think Ken may have owned it once. Graham is a REAL Hendrix completist, so I will endeavour to find out what I can! Still on the Hendrix theme, Graham and I, along with Pete Phipps, our drummer in BC Sweet, are planning to put together a Hendrix show with a view to doing some outdoor shows here in Spain next summer. You'll hear it here first!

No comments: