Saturday 30 December 2006

The Closing of the Year

www.goodaboom.com


Well, we can count the remains of 2006 in hours now...Saddam Hussein got a nasty tickle in his throat, followed by a case of the dropsy Some would say 15 years late, but better late than never.

Had a chat this morning with my friend Keith Webb, a drumming legend indeed, Keith has played, or drank, with them all! He counted Keith Moon, Charlie Watts, and John Bonham amongst his drumming pals. He is the man that welcomed Led Zeppelin to America with champagne outside their hotel on their first tour, and he has worked with Donovan, Terry Reid and his own pioneering Prog Rock outfit, Paladin. You can read about Keith in this weeks Costa Almeria News, just click here and read the whole article in my Archives
.

Ive played a few shows with Keith on Mojacar playa, and great fun they were too!
Sometimes he'd just come over to my other place in Turre, I'd get the kettle on and get him to tell me about the old days! Truly an inspiration, still gigging into his 70's and loving life. He's what I want to be when I grow up!!

No comments: